Middle School Skills Academy
While the 2020-21 school year is beginning virtually at Des Moines Public Schools, and uncertainty continues due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to providing extracurricular activities for our students. Designed primarily for 7th and 8th grade students, the program provide the chance to learn and develop skills in a number of fall and winter sports. Please read on for more details.
Winter General Programming Information:
- Winter Program Dates: November 30 – December 22
- Days of the Week: M, T, TH, F
- Time Frame: 60 – 90 minutes
- Start Time: Approximately 4:00pm
- Primarily for 7th and 8th graders
- Transportation: To Be Determined
- Participant daily limits will be based on CDC guidance and staffing availability
- Programs will run at individual middle schools instead of combining at high schools
- Focus on skill development and life lessons (social/emotional development)
- No fee for participation
- Middle School Skills Academy registration will be the same as Middle School Sports. Register Here
- If you have already registered for Middle School Sports through Online School Registration you DO NOT need to fill this form out.
- Physicals will be required (July 1st, 2019 and after are valid)
- If you have any questions please contact Ms. Kendzora, Harding’s Student Engagement Coordinator
Tentative Plans for Winter (Subject to Change) – November 30th – December 22nd, 2020
- We will continually re-evaluate conditions to determine the viability of winter and spring sports.
|Season||Skills Development – Sport||Drop off/ Pick up Door||Practice Start Date and link to schedule|
|Winter||Girls Basketball||Gym entrance||November 30|
|Winter||Cheerleading (activity)||Southeast Door by Crosswalk||November 30|
|Winter||Wrestling||Wrestling Room Entrance on East side of building||November 30