Title I Parent Right to Know Requirements
Des Moines Public School Parents and Guardians who have students that attend a Title I schools have the right to know about the qualifications of their child’s teacher. This includes:
- state licensure requirements for the grade level and content areas taught,
- the current licensing status of your child’s teacher,
- baccalaureate/graduate certification/degree,
- teachers under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria have ben waived,
- qualifications of an instructional paraprofessional who serves your student
Parents/Guardians may request this information from the Federal Programs Coordinator by contacting April Murray at April.Murray@dmschools.org or (515) 344-2599 . You may also request this information by sending a letter of request to the Federal Programs Coordinator, Des Moines Public Schools, 2100 Fleur Drive, Des Moines, Iowa 50321-1158.
The Des Moines Public Schools ensures that parents will be notified in writing if their child has been assigned or has been taught by a teacher for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not considered highly qualified.