Harding School Dress Code
2018-2019 Dress Code for Harding Middle School
Harding students will no longer be required to wear school uniforms during the school day. There will still be a dress code about what students can and cannot wear, but students won’t be required to wear Harding shirts, black polos, khakis or black pants. Students can still wear any of these things if they choose to, but aren’t required.
At Harding Middle School, students may dress in a way that expresses their gender identity, cultural, and/or religious beliefs. the following guidelines are meant to assist students and parents in determining appropriate attire for school. School administration reserves the right to add or change the dress code as necessary. School administration also reserves the right to send students home if they are in violation of the dress code.
- Tops and bottoms may not be revealing. Revealing clothes include clothing that shows undergarments, stomachs, chests, and private areas.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Shoes without soles, flip flops, or slippers may not be worn at school.
- Students are permitted to wear headwraps and headbands; however hats, hoods, bandanas, and sunglasses are not permitted.
- Clothing which contains offensive language, hate speech, or clothing that promotes alcohol, drugs, or tobacco are banned at Harding Middle School. Additionally, clothing or accessories that are unsafe are not allowed at Harding.
- ALL backpacks, purses, and coats need to be in lockers during school hours.
*Please refer to the student handbook under the STUDENTS tab for uniform requirements.
Back to PARENTS